Asked by Pam from Iraq | Mar. 30, 2015 03:01
About:Policy for Foreigners with Immediate Family Living in China

I have M visa and will marry soon, can I get Q1 type or residence permit without leaving china?

I have M type for 30 days, and will get married in a few days, if I finished my marriage registration with my chinese girlfriend. can I get chinese Q1 type or residnce permit without leaving china?
my chinese wife is from Guizhou, Guiyang

Answers (3)
Answered by Fiona from Thailand | Mar. 30, 2015 03:36
Pam, frankly speaking, it's hard to say whether you can change the M type into Q1 type succssfully in China because the regulations vary in different cities. My suggestion is that you had better go to the local Exit and Entry Administration Bureau and consult the officers there. They may give you more clear answer.
Answered by Pam from Iraq | Mar. 30, 2015 06:34
thanks dear for your reply, what about residence permit? my point is that I want to stay longer in china right after our marriage finished
Answered by Fiona from Thailand | Apr. 02, 2015 01:45
With the M type, you can't get the residence permit. If you can get the Q1 type, you can substantialize the Q1 type into a temporary residence permit. Or you can just try to extend the M type before it expires, which may allow you to stay for another 30 days.
Related Questions:
what type of visa i need to go to my wedding?
Asked by Paul from Canada
| Jul. 28, 2015 20:31
Can I marry on M-visa in China? and can I convert it to Q1 without leaving ...
Asked by Pam from Iraq
| Aug. 10, 2014 03:57
Q1 Visa in Shenzhen
| Jun. 12, 2017 21:46
Can a type of visa be changed without leaving China?
| Jan. 11, 2016 18:55
I am from Armenia, and my M visa will expire soon. Can I extend it in China...
Asked by Varduhi from Armenia
| Jan. 18, 2017 02:27
hi i m from pakistan i have a gf lives in hong kong and i want to go there...
Asked by Mr.Shiny from Pakistan
| Jan. 16, 2011 02:29
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)