Asked by Michael from Australia | Mar. 29, 2015 23:11
About:China Private Visit Visa

Notifying and Authenticating marriage certificate for S1 type.

I have been appointed to teach at an International College in China. The college will apply for a Z type for me and an S1 type for my wife. We have been asked to provide a copy of our marriage certificate that has been notarized and authenticated.
My understanding is the notarization of the marriage certificate (in Australia) is undertaken by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and the Chinese consulate (or Embassy) will then authenticate the Marriage Certificate and notarization.
All original documents are to be provided within 30 days to substantiate the Z and S1 visa's, once we arrive in China.
Is this correct.
Thank You.

Answers (1)
Answered by Shelton from Belgium | Mar. 30, 2015 04:20
Hello Michael!
The authentication steps are as follows:
1. Have the documents notarized by any notary public.
2. Have the notarized documents authenticated by the Departments of Foreign Affairs and Trade or its Office in States or Territories.
3. Apply for the authentication from the Chinese Embassy or relevant Consulate General in accordance with their consular regions.

After you enter China, you should apply for a residence permit by providing all original documents to substantiate your Z and S1 types.
Related Questions:
I want to take S1 visa for my wife and I hold z type
Asked by Dhanjai from India
| Mar. 11, 2016 20:45
S1 visa information. dear all is marriage certificate attested by mofa acce...
Asked by Murad Hussain from Pakistan
| Oct. 17, 2016 22:13
my wife is working in china and she is inviting me because she is pregnant ...
Asked by peter from Nigeria
| Jan. 09, 2018 00:10
hello sir,my wife come to beijing,china..and stay with me long time
Asked by raihan from Bangladesh
| Apr. 06, 2017 01:28
Hi S1 visa extension
Asked by Majid from Pakistan
| Sep. 11, 2018 20:29
I have a Z work visa and my wife have S1 type for one year.
Asked by Dr. Roht from India
| Jan. 23, 2015 02:11
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)