Asked by Patricia from England | Mar. 24, 2015 04:10
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit

On UK passport, can I fly to and from Hong Kong,band visit Shanghai in the middle of holiday please?

Myself, husband and 20year old son all hold British passports.
We will visit Hong Kong in May to stay with friends and will fly home from Shanghai at the end of our 2 week holiday. However, we want to visit Shanghai at some time in the middle of our holiday - do we require visa for Shanghai please? NB We want to visit Shanghai also, because my daughter who is studying at Fudan University, Shanghai.

Answers (1)
Answered by Peter from Saudi Arabia | Mar. 25, 2015 04:48
Yes, you should apply for a L type for your trip to visit your daughter in Shanghai. It can be acquired when you arrive in HK. The invitation letter from your daughter in Shanghai is required so that you won't provide air ticket and hotel booking. After visiting your daughter, you will get back to HK and then fly from HK to UK with a transit in Shanghai, right? If your transit is less than 72 hours, you needn't apply one again because you enjoy 72 hours free transit.
Related Questions:
Asked by Helen from UK
| May. 09, 2018 16:45
How can I visit Shanghai from Hong Kong and back to Hong Kong to fly home t...
Asked by H Smedley from United Kingdom
| Aug. 31, 2014 02:05
London to Shangai and back (via Hong Kong). Is it matchful for the 72-hour ...
Asked by ian from United Kingdom
| May. 05, 2014 22:16
UK passport holder can I get a VOA in Shenzhen then fly out to Shanghai?
Asked by Betty Chan from Hong Kong
| Sep. 16, 2017 22:01
144 hour visa, Many Thanks
Asked by Kathryn from England
| Apr. 24, 2018 22:45
Visa 144 hour
Asked by Carla from UK
| Jun. 25, 2018 03:24
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)