Asked by GiGi from Australia | Mar. 21, 2015 23:25
About:China Visa Entries / Validity / Duration of Stay

Does my son (holding australian passport) need to apply visa to enter china?

My son is 4 years old, solely holding an Australian passport. I am HKSAR resident and also have a HKSAR passport. We plan to spend a week in China in mid April 2015. His Australian passport will be expired in early Oct 2015, so it has less than 6 months validity. Does he need to have a passport validity more than 6 months as well? Does he need an entry permit for himself for entry China?

Answers (1)
Answered by Jay from USA | Mar. 22, 2015 02:01
Gigi, your son should apply for the entry permit. If he has a Chinese passport previously, it should be submitted to the embassy together with the application documents. As a general rule, when you are applying for the China entry permit, the remaining validity of the passport should be no less than six months, so you should first renew the passport and then apply for the entry permit.
Related Questions:
My Son is a Canadaian citizen holding a Canadain passport (expiring 2010 Ap...
Asked by Mr.Vancouverdad from Can
| Sep. 21, 2009 20:22
Japanese mother and American child with different surnames living in Qatar ...
Asked by Yasuko Komata from Qatar
| Mar. 26, 2012 21:28
Visa For Australian Passport
Asked by Rina from Malaysia
| Aug. 04, 2016 04:04
Coming from Hong Kong with Australian passport and HKID card
Asked by aaron from Australia
| Aug. 29, 2017 11:15
My son will be flying to Philippines via Hong Kong. Does he need Transit Vi...
Asked by Jo
| May. 27, 2012 00:59
My son-in-law is holding a Japanese passport, does he need a visa to visit ...
Asked by Mrs.Wong from Canada
| Jul. 14, 2010 02:51
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)