Asked by Mervyn Gatcke from South Africa | Mar. 18, 2015 08:20
About:Visa Policy of China

I have a new question regarding of 72 Hour Visa-free transit

First One:
(Hey Gatcke! I'm afriad you are not eligible for the72 hour free transit because you want to go to two cities (Beijing and Xi'an).)

New question:
" Am I correct in that if I just visit the Great Wall that I will then be eligible for the 72 free transit? Just to confirm I will be traveling from Hong Kong on a South African Passport - is this OK? "

Answers (1)
Answered by Ross from USA | Mar. 18, 2015 22:52
Mervyn, sorry to tell that you can't get the 72hrs free transit because your country is not among the 51 countries. If you are travelling from Hong Kong to Beijing, seeing the Great Wall, and then heading for South Africa or a third country, and your stay in Beijing is not beyond 24 hours (usually counting from the midnight after your arrival), then you can enjoy the 24 hour direct transit policy.
Related Questions:
[URGENT] In regarding the 72-Hour Free transit
Asked by DO HUN LEE from United States/South Korea
| Jun. 22, 2015 21:13
question about transit, will they let me do that?
Asked by yassir from pakistan
| Nov. 04, 2013 00:53
If I were to travel from Macau to Shanghai and to HK, would that qualify 72...
Asked by Tom from United Kingdom
| Apr. 11, 2015 04:27
US to China and Japan
| Oct. 10, 2017 21:00
Would we be able to get the 72 hour transit if we switch planes in Shanghai...
Asked by Julie from USA
| Jan. 07, 2016 21:31
Can I visit the Great Wall of china?
Asked by Lollo from Sweden
| Aug. 21, 2017 02:50
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)