Asked by Mathew from USA | Mar. 11, 2015 01:29
About:China Family Reunion Visa

Q visa instead of L type for spouse of Chinese national?

I am a US citizen living and working in Japan while my Chinese wife is living and working in the United States. My wife and I wish to visit her family in China for thirteen days but we are not sure about whether we should apply for a Q type or L type for me. Given the short duration of our trip and our intent to live in the US indefinitely once I return from Japan, my wife and I are both under the impression that the L type would be the correct visa for me, but the focus of the Q type on family reunions is making us unsure.

Would the Q type or the L type visa be the most appropriate for me in our situation? Thank you very much!

Answers (1)
Answered by Jackson from USA | Mar. 11, 2015 03:36
L visa would be the correct one, Q visa would work too but you'd have to jump a few more hoops to get it. Just get a L type.
Related Questions:
I am in the U.S. with a valid passport and want to visit a female friend in...
Asked by Scott from USA
| Jan. 17, 2017 21:13
I have a Q visa now,do I need L type entry permit to travel to Tibet?
Asked by Huatan from Usa
| Dec. 20, 2015 21:38
applying for a new visa while in china after marriage
Asked by Tom from USA
| Sep. 08, 2013 04:43
L or D-visa
Asked by Ming from Malaysia
| Oct. 19, 2012 02:45
Changing visa in my country
Asked by Rajaa from Morocco
| Oct. 23, 2017 21:08
J visa application whilst having a Q type in other passport?!
Asked by O. Lee from Ukraine
| May. 19, 2017 04:28
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)