Asked by Pablo from USA | Mar. 10, 2015 13:45
About:China Private Visit Visa

Marrying a foreign national currently working in Hong Kong. Does S1/S2 Visa apply?

I am planning on marrying my fiancé, an Indonesian national, who works as a domestic in Hong Kong. Is the S1/S2 type a possibility after she finishes her work contract? Would prefer to apply before her contract ends as her work situation disallows the domestic co-habitation we seek. Don't know the ramifications of breaking her work contract. I am in Guangdong province.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mary from Russia | Mar. 10, 2015 21:59
Pablo, are you working in Guangdong now or do you have the China residence permit? If so, after you get married, it's possible to apply the S1/S2 type for your wife. If she breaks the work contract, maybe she wil have to pay for fines incured by the breach to her employer.
Related Questions:
Hi, how long does it take to apply hong kong visa from singapore
Asked by Jame from Vietnam
| Jan. 03, 2012 03:51
How does a Pakistani National residing in Pakistan apply for the Hk visa to...
Asked by Usman from Pakistan
| May. 23, 2017 21:04
Hk visa for tourist
Asked by Bhuwan from Malaysia
| Nov. 24, 2017 00:11
Nepalese passport, working in Laos with work permit visa, want to visit HK ...
Asked by Chetan from Thailand
| Aug. 28, 2011 03:35
I was currently working in China. My friend from Malaysia will come visit i...
Asked by Ms.Hui from Malaysia
| Mar. 19, 2011 03:14
Hi, I am a national of Kyrgyzstan. Can i apply for Chinese working visa in ...
Asked by Gennadii from Kirgizstan
| Aug. 14, 2013 01:25
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)