Asked by David B. from USA | Feb. 17, 2015 10:36
About:How to Apply for a China Visa

My old Tourist Visa expired, but I want to travel to China again soon. Renewal or Re-apply?


I had a Tourist Visa that went from October 2013 to October 2014. I had a nice stay in November 2013. Now I'm back home, but I want to go back to China again soon. I tried to e-mail the Chinese Embassy in New York, but the e-mail address is invalid. Anyway, do I need to re-apply for a new Tourist Visa or is there some way of simply extending the validity of my present sticker?

Is the process any different in getting a second Tourist Visa?

Thank you,

David B.

Answers (1)
Answered by Usher from Nepal | Mar. 01, 2015 01:14
Hello David! Since you have already went back to the US, the validity of the old one cannot be extnded. You have to apply for a new one. The process is exactly the same as you get the first entry permit, but if you can provide the copies of the previous entry permit for China, you application process may go more smoothly.
Related Questions:
Do I need my previous Chinese Visas when I'm applying for a new one?
Asked by Sandi from Canada
| Feb. 17, 2013 01:09
I want to apply for a 3month Chinese visa in Vientiane Laos? Is this possib...
Asked by Harry from China
| Jul. 06, 2011 21:54
My son would like to get a tourist visa for mainland China. He had a multi...
Asked by Mrs.donna from usa
| Jul. 20, 2009 21:55
I couldn't travel when my visa expired due to my family issues, now i want ...
Asked by Mr.Bekoe from Ghana
| Dec. 21, 2009 00:44
Do I need to re-apply a new Chinese Visa (Multiple Entries for 10 years)
Asked by Anthony from USA
| Jun. 05, 2018 20:38
Is it possible to get L extended again?
Asked by Sara from Germany
| Aug. 08, 2013 01:34
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)