Asked by beth from China | Feb. 08, 2015 02:22
About:Marriage Registration in China

Foreigners getting married in Wuhan

Hi, me and my boyfriend are looking into getting married in October i am British from England and he is from Hubei province could you please give me some information on what i need to prepare and what he needs and where to start. Its very difficult to find out information on where to begin..
Thank you.

Answers (2)
Answered by Arthur from South Africa | Feb. 11, 2015 02:28
Hi Beth! Are you in China now? If so, you should first go to the British consulate in Wuhan to request it to issue you a single status cetificate. Then find a qualified translation agency to translate the certificate into Chinese. Prepare your passport, entry permit for China, and single status certiicate. You boyfriend should prepare his household registration book, ID card, and a single status certificate issued by his local government. Then both of you can go to the local civil affairs department to register your marriage.
Answered by cath from Philippines | Oct. 01, 2019 10:19
hi can I ask if how many days it will take when translating the certificate of single?
Related Questions:
Is it possible to get a family visa for fiancee?
Asked by Maria from Poland
| Dec. 04, 2017 03:43
distance from shanghai to wuhan
Asked by edem from Ghana
| Aug. 16, 2011 21:07
can foreigners get married on student visa?
Asked by vai from India
| Feb. 16, 2015 21:16
Two foreigners getting married in China
Asked by Eve from China
| Aug. 28, 2017 03:30
Distance from Wuhan to Jinshi. What are the options of getting there?
Asked by Isa from Us
| Sep. 25, 2012 22:07
Wuold you allow foreigners get married in China?
Ms.IROGUEHI067 from Nigeria
| Oct. 24, 2009 20:09
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)