Asked by Lela from USA | Jan. 02, 2015 11:41
About:China Weather

I am going to Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong from March 17th to April 6th.

I don't know what kind of warmth and layering I will need during that time period and what kind of walking shoes. Has anyone been there at that time of year? What kind of temperature ranges? HELP!!! Thanks.

Answers (1)
Answered by Bruce | Jan. 04, 2015 20:07
Lela, it's a bit cold in Beijing but warm in Shanghai and HK. The temperature ranges in these three cities are: 0 to 12 degrees celsius in Beijing, 8 to 18 degrees Celsius in Shanghai and 18 to 27 degrees Celsius in HK.

In Beijing, you need to wear overcoat, thin sweater and warm trousers. I went there in mid March. I remembered that I wore gloves and scarf when I climed the wall. In Shanghai, thin jacket, jeans and long sleeved t-shirts inside are ok.

In my view, a pair of sneaker or sports shoes is enough. In Beijing, you may wear a pair of thick socks if you are afraid of the coldness. In Shanghai and HK, you needn't worry because the temperature is high.
Related Questions:
I am from India . I am going to guangzhou on 17th April . what would be the...
Asked by Arpit kanotra from India
| Mar. 09, 2013 03:19
What clothes should I pack in Beijing and Tianjin on Apr 06?
Asked by Mr.linda from malaysia
| Feb. 16, 2011 22:17
Dear Sirs, I need to buy a ticket for 17th of April from Beijing to Shangh...
Asked by Mr.Danzon from Poland
| Mar. 19, 2010 01:16
Going to Shanghai and Beijing 17th to 31sr March 2013 will I need jumpers ...
Asked by BC from England
| Feb. 24, 2013 20:46
Passport Validity to hong kong with a US passport
Asked by Connie from USA
| Feb. 15, 2015 01:05
I am going to Beijing on 29 March to 6 April 2010. What clothing to I have ...
Asked by Mr.Loi Ah Meng from Singapore
| Mar. 24, 2010 02:25
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)