Asked by Joshua from United States | Dec. 29, 2014 14:54
About:China Visa Renewal and Extension

z visa then L then z for someone getting married?

I am going to be in china on a z working in entertainment for 10 months. After the contract is up there will be 4 months until work begins again. (Theme park show) I want to remain in China as I will be marrying my fiance there. Can I have my z changed to an L wothout leaving the country? Or should I make a trip to hong kong? And when we get married we can apply for a special L type allowing me a longer stay right? But would I need to leave china again to apply for a new z once work starts up again? Or is it possible to extend the z type through the off season and renew it for the new work year? I would like to avoid flying back to the United states if at all possible. If I renew the z type can I just keep renewing the temporary residency? What would be the best thing to do? Trips to hong komg are ok but I really want to avoid coming back the the usa as much as possible

Answers (1)
Answered by Gian from Honduras | Dec. 30, 2014 03:46
Hi, Joshua!

1. It's difficult to change your Z type to L without leaving the country. However, you can stiil try to do so in the local PSB.

2. It's not assured that you can obtain an L type in Hong Kong by yourself. Maybe you should entrust the application with a travel agency with additional fees.

3. You cannot work with an L type, so you have to apply for a Z type again once your work starts up.

As a whole, I think you had better first try to change your Z type to L or to extend your Z type and resident permit. If both cannot be done, you may negotiate with your company for another work contract and reapply for a Z type in Hong Kong. Otherwise, you have to leave China and apply for a L type to marry you fiance, and then leave again to apply for the Z type.
Related Questions:
Applying for visa for my to-be wife.
Asked by Ankur Srivastava from India
| Mar. 01, 2016 20:18
what is the difference between a L-VISA and a Z-VISA
Asked by craig from sweden
| Mar. 04, 2012 00:31
Can I change my Z Visa to L. I'm no longer working by the school, or can I ...
Asked by BULELWA from South Africa
| Jul. 22, 2014 00:56
Hey Guys. I live in China on a L visa. now I am in the process of getting a...
Asked by Mr.julian from USA
| Apr. 22, 2010 01:23
Z Visa to L type Without Leaving Chengdu, China
Asked by Mike from India
| Jul. 06, 2017 22:28
Married to Chinese wife
Asked by Doug from USA.
| Nov. 23, 2017 00:11
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)