Asked by George from Canada | Dec. 24, 2014 12:47
About:China Embassy in India

How do I need to proceed? My family got valid Indian visa.

I am Indian but rest of my family is Canadian. We live in Canada. We (myself, spouse, children aged 16, 9 and 3 are planning a visit to mainland China, then to Lhasa by train, Kathmandu through tour group and then to India from Kathmandu. Thank you in advance.

Answers (1)
Answered by Richard from Denmark | Dec. 25, 2014 21:42
1. Apply for L type for mainland China in the CVASC branch. When applying, please do not not mention that you want to enter Tibet, otherwise, you cannot get the L.
2. After you get the L type, type, find a Chinese travel agency and provide your itinerary in Tibet, journey time, target tourist sites, reception criteria, group size as well as your contact number to the agency and apply for the Tibet Tourism Bureau Permit. Documents required for the application are your passports and L type. You can perform this step either in Canada or in China.
3. Only after receiving the TTB permit, can you buy train tickets for Lhasa.
Related Questions:
I have a letter of invitation to teach at Kunming International Academy, Y...
Asked by Linda-Kay Wicks from USA
| Jul. 09, 2018 01:39
Do I need a visa to HK?
Asked by Sumit from India
| Feb. 17, 2016 19:59
Employee family visa
Asked by Faizal from India
| Mar. 26, 2012 03:29
Dear sir/ Madam please advice me regrdaing visa for hong knog (china). i ...
Asked by Mr.hemant from uk
| Oct. 15, 2009 21:03
How to get my renewal passport
Asked by A.S.SAYED. from CHINA
| Jan. 20, 2012 01:33
Hi, I just got my residence permit valid for 12 months. I need to know whic...
Asked by Mr.Lopez from Philippines
| Feb. 18, 2011 02:11
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)