Asked by Atif from Pakistan | Dec. 20, 2014 04:53
About:China Work Visa

Can I apply L visa for my accompanying wife?

I have been offered job from China, I have got Z type but I have not yet entered into China. I want my wife to accompany me to PRC. I do not wanna left her behind. What visa i should apply for her ? Will an invitation letter for her from my Chinese employer will serve the purpose? Can she enter China on L type and later can change to FAMILY one (S) within mainland China? Any solution will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Answers (1)
Answered by Steven from Japan | Dec. 21, 2014 02:32
Atif, the safest way is that you arrive in mainland China and change your Z type to a temporary resident permit. Then you can send an invitation letter to your wife and then she can apply for a S type. I heard that some people in your situation apply for a S type for their families with their Z types. If you don't want to go to China alone, you may try to apply for a S type for your son with your Z type. However, I can't guarantee that you will get the S type for sure.

If your wife enter PRC with a L type, she then needs to exit China to apply for the S type.
Related Questions:
Business and Tourist Visa
Asked by Brent from Australia
| Jan. 13, 2016 18:40
Dear Sir/Madam, My wife has got an invitation letter to take part in a trai...
Asked by Athauda Jayawardena from Sri Lanka
| Apr. 17, 2017 04:06
Working for Spouse?
Asked by Ranjeeth from A to Z
| Apr. 10, 2017 02:33
Work Permit for Spouse
Asked by Rob from China
| Jul. 02, 2013 02:29
Can I change from an L to S1 visa in Beijing with out leaving the mainland
Asked by Safia from South africa
| Aug. 20, 2018 20:33
my wife has l visa i have z visa i want to tarnfar my wife l to z visa how ...
Asked by rumit from China
| Jun. 06, 2011 21:22
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)