Asked by Carolyn from Canada | Dec. 07, 2014 22:40
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit FAQ

Leaving from a different airport, 72 hours free transit in Shanghai

Hello! I have an Air Canada plane ticket that will be flying from Canada and landing in Shanghai. I am in the process of purchasing a second ticket onward to Taiwan because that is my next destination. May I utilize the 72 hour visa for staying in Shanghai for the three days before departing to Taiwan- furthermore, may I book my plane ticket to Taiwan but leaving from Hong Kong airport and use the 72 hours to travel down to Taiwan before leaving China?

Answers (1)
Answered by Steven from Honduras | Dec. 08, 2014 00:05
Carolyn, if you fly this route (USA-Shanghai-Taiwan) and your flights won't stop at any other Chinese cities, you are eligible for 72 hours free transit. If you fly in this way, USA-Shanghai-HK-Taiwan, you still enjoy 72 hours free transit. Still you have to make sure that your flights won't stop at any other cities in mainland China.
Related Questions:
72 hour transit
Asked by Martin from United Kingdom
| May. 31, 2014 02:23
72 Hour Visa Shanghai with Different Airports
Asked by Ian from United States
| Mar. 20, 2018 21:43
Question about transit in Shanghai
Asked by Darya Vselubsky from United States
| Dec. 02, 2015 21:00
72 hours visa free
Asked by Sue from USA
| Mar. 13, 2014 01:19
UK Citizen arrives Shanghai by air and departs on cruise within 72 hours
Asked by Ross Jeal from Britain
| Feb. 06, 2013 20:04
Can I have 72 hours free visa flying from Hong Kong-Shanghai-Seoul? Differe...
Asked by Hector from MX
| Feb. 06, 2015 00:59
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)