Asked by Lam Trinh | Dec. 07, 2014 00:09
About:China Transit Visa

Transit visa needed for Vietnamese citizen?

Hello, I am planning to buy a flight ticket, but I want to make sure that I don't need to get a transit one or something like that.

So I'm flying from Hanoi, Vietnam to Tokyo, Japan. My first layover is in Hong Kong. From Hong Kong, I'll be flying to Shanghai Pudong Airport. There my layover is about 15 hours. The next day I will fly out of Hongqiao airport.

Do I need a Chinese transit type of some sort? My stay in China is less than 24 hours and I'm a Vietnamese citizen. I just want to make sure. Thank you!


Answers (1)
Answered by Linda from Iraq | Dec. 07, 2014 02:16
Lam, it's true that you aren not required to apply a G type when you transit in Shanghai. However, you need to apply for one for your transit in HK. You may try to apply from Chinese embassy in your country. If the embassy doesn't accept your application, you need to apply from Hk Immigration Department directly. Then it takes four to six weeks for you to receive it.
Related Questions:
does 72 hours free transit for vietnamese citizen who going to Stockholm fr...
Asked by Lynn from Singapore
| Sep. 05, 2017 04:42
Transit visa for my stopover in Shanghai
Asked by Alex from Japan
| Jun. 05, 2012 01:12
I'm Vietnamese citizen, I'm going to Australia, I will transit Hong kong fo...
Asked by Mr.Jo from Vietnam
| Mar. 23, 2011 03:36
Hi, my name is Holden and I'm from Angolan.
Asked by Holden from Angola
| Jan. 29, 2018 21:50
US citizen traveling from Philippines to HKG and then to Shenzhen, two days...
Asked by derek from Philippines
| Dec. 27, 2017 02:43
Travel from Sydney to Hanoi (Vietnam) - transit in Guangzhou in less than 2...
Asked by TD from Vietnam
| Nov. 11, 2016 21:20
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)