Asked by Maeve from China | Dec. 06, 2014 00:48
About:China Visa Application Requirements

Can I travel by train with a Foreign Experts Certificate?

I need to go to my embassy in Beijing to renew my passport- they will keep my passport for the renewal time. BUT, I also need to get back home by train in a city outside of Beijing. Can I travel on my foreign experts certificate or is there a temporary travel document I can apply for from the PSB (My embassy can not provide one)

Thanks for your time.

Answers (1)
Answered by Morton from Australia | Dec. 06, 2014 03:56
The expert certificate may not be used to take train. Since you will renew your passport in your embassy, the Chinese PSB cannot provideyou a trave document.

Personally speaking, you can copy your passport and the resident permit. Then the copies as well as your expert certificate can be used together to take train to travel.

Your embassy do not provide you a receipt to show that your passport is in renewing? If they can provide you that receipt, it can be used as a proof together.
Related Questions:
Foreign Experts and Work Permit
Asked by Graeme Cook from Australia
| Nov. 01, 2017 20:18
I am holding a Z visa. I would like to know how a "foreigner residence perm...
Asked by sue from Philippines
| Oct. 16, 2012 02:26
Was fired from my job. Can I go back to China on a tourist visa?
Asked by Randy from USA
| Dec. 25, 2013 20:25
Hello I have been in China for four months now. I was working as an English...
Asked by Duduza Shabalala from China
| Apr. 23, 2018 22:16
Will renewel of residence permits suffer due to new regulations?
Asked by Ben from England
| Aug. 07, 2013 01:11
documents for Chinese work Z-Visa
Asked by imran from Pakistan
| Jul. 15, 2013 22:22
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)