Asked by Kirsten from China | Nov. 26, 2014 06:45
About:Chinese Temporary Residence Permit

Change working permt into tourist visa


I am currently working as an ESL teacher in China. I have a working Z, and a resident permit valid until July. The permit is based on the date on the termination date of my contract. However, due to multiple reasons, I want to end my contract after the first semester to go home. I will finish the semester on january 31st. Before I go home on fb 27th I would like to travel for a bit in China. However, my empoyer will end my resident permit when I end my contract. Is it possible for me to change my permit into a tourist L, or do I have to go to HongKong to buy one first?


Answers (1)
Answered by Douglas from Saudi Arabia | Nov. 26, 2014 21:39
Based on my experience, changing in China is almost impossible, but you can go to the local Exit-Entry Adminstration Bureau for confirming.

If you get a negative answer, you may need to go to HK to apply for a new Tourist L
Related Questions:
it is possible to change a tourist visa to a working visa while in china
Asked by lily from Cameroon
| Jul. 25, 2014 21:02
Dear Sir, I am from syria and im living in China with my family and I hav...
Asked by Mr.mohamed from china
| Mar. 28, 2011 03:19
hi can i apply or change my visa from tourist to working visa without ha...
Asked by Mr.gabby from south korea
| Oct. 27, 2009 21:06
Can I change a tourist visa for a working visa when I am already in China?
Asked by Ms.Carstairs from Australia
| Sep. 08, 2010 06:37
i am a filipino.just in case,can i change my tourist visa into working visa...
Asked by kim from Philippines
| Apr. 12, 2012 04:27
Working visa for American that lives in Thailand
Asked by Adam from Thailand
| Jan. 03, 2016 00:12
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)