Asked by Bonnie from USA | Nov. 18, 2014 09:50
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit FAQ

US citizen Hong Kong to Xian

I am confused on the Country A and B requirements with the 72 hour visa free transit. We currently have booked airfare to Hong Kong in April 2015. We wish to fly to Xian for 72 hours during that visit. Can we use the 72 hour free transit or do we need the L tourist type? I understand we do not need it for Hong Kong as we are visiting for only 9 days.

Is it an option to return from Xian back to Hong Kong immediately before our departure to the United States? If that is acceptable, what is the acceptable layover time?

Thank you in advance!

Answers (1)
Answered by Arvin from Germany | Nov. 18, 2014 19:59
You can enjoy the 72-hour free transit in Xian if you fly HK - Xian - USA. If you fly HK - Xian - HK - USA, you are unable to enjoy the 72-hour free transit, but need to apply for a single entry Tourist L for your visiting.
Related Questions:
us citizen with a US Passport wants to vist hong kong
Asked by cliff from USA
| Aug. 07, 2012 03:16
US citizen in Hong Kong. Can I get a Chinese visa there?
Asked by Hudson from USA
| Feb. 25, 2018 21:14
What if a U.S. citizen flies from the U.S. to Hong Kong for 3 days and then...
Asked by Susan from USA
| Jul. 17, 2016 20:00
does a sri lankan citizen living in US need a business visa to hong Kong?
Asked by tina from USA
| Apr. 10, 2014 03:17
We are US citizen and will give talks at Hong Kong and China. What types o...
Asked by William from USA
| Oct. 08, 2014 02:04
Will I be able to leave the airport during ransit time?
Asked by john Chen from USA
| Mar. 27, 2015 04:53
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)