Asked by Prerana from USA | Nov. 10, 2014 09:20
About:Chinese Temporary Residence Permit

transit layover of 16 hours. Want to visit the city. Do I need a visitor visa?

I am an Indian passport holder, and have a valid US entry permit. I will be transiting through Beijing Airport in December. My layover is about 16 hours. I want to go out of the airport and visit the city.

Could you please clarify whether:
1. I need to apply for one beforehand, or can I get a VOA at the Beijing Airport?
2. If I have to apply one, then should it be Transit G or Tourist L?
3. I reside in Florida, but can I apply for it at the Chinese Consulate in San Francisco?

Answers (1)
Answered by Arthur from USA | Nov. 10, 2014 20:26
Since you just have 16 hours in the city, neither the Transit G nor Tourist L is needed. You just need to apply for a stay permit to leave the airport.
Related Questions:
Philippine Passport. Manila to Canada with 12 hours layover in Xiamen
Asked by Lyn Lyn from Philippines
| Nov. 23, 2017 21:01
Pakistani passport transit for 16 hours
Asked by Abubakar Iftikhar from Pakistan
| Sep. 20, 2017 21:17
Do I need a visitor's Visa or pass to leave the airport to visit the city?
Asked by Darlene from USA
| May. 22, 2015 03:00
Layover in Xiamen for 16 hours
Asked by Judah from United States
| Jun. 10, 2018 22:22
16 hours layover in Shanghai
Asked by Tirtharaj Dhakal from United States
| Sep. 11, 2017 03:14
Philippine passport holder with green card from US-Beijing-Philippines
Asked by Therese from USA
| Feb. 08, 2018 21:26
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)