Asked by Ron from USA | Oct. 28, 2014 19:45
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit

US citizen going to Hong Kong, Taipei, and Shanghai

I will be arriving (from Los Angeles) into Hong Kong on Dec. 5, to Taipei on Dec. 9, and to Shanghai on Dec. 13. I return to Los Angeles on Dec. 16. Do I need any visas for this trip? If not, is the 72 hour rule exact or is it for 3 days, for example, if we arrive in the morning on Dec. 13 and leave in the evening on Dec. 16, do we need one?
Thanks for your excellent information site.

Answers (1)
Answered by Berg from Australia | Oct. 28, 2014 20:08
You are able to enjoy the 72-hour free transit in Shanghai airport, since the 72 hours are counted from the 00:00 the Dec 14.
Related Questions:
If you are a US citizen and planning a trip for Hong Kong, do I need a "VIS...
Asked by jerry from usa
| Jan. 20, 2012 21:53
How if a u.s. Citizen travel from philippines going to hongkong..what are t...
Asked by Glo from Philippines
| Aug. 09, 2016 22:50
us citizen with a US Passport wants to vist hong kong
Asked by cliff from USA
| Aug. 07, 2012 03:16
I want to tour Guangzhou and vicinity for 4-5 days. Do I need a visa?
Asked by Kin from USA
| Jan. 02, 2016 01:49
US Citizen will like to go to Shenzhen. Will I be able to obtain a visa?
Asked by Esther from USA
| Nov. 17, 2014 02:05
What kind of visa do I need to visit HK and Guangzhou for a week?
Asked by Barbara Knowles from Singapore
| May. 22, 2011 21:29
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)