Asked by Mr. JG from Guatemala | Oct. 19, 2014 22:06
About:China Embassy in Costa Rica

What type of visa do I need for Tibet and (Beijing > Shanghai)?

Hi, I'm from Guatemala. I'm traveling for tourism to Nepal, and then go overland to Lhasa (8 days) passing through Tibet. Then 5 days in Beijing and Shanghai. Do I need only one for mainland china and the permit for Tibet? Do you provide both in Costa Rica? The processing time provided above apply for this too? Thanks in advance, for the help,

Kind regards,


Answers (3)
Answered by Jim from San Marino | Oct. 20, 2014 03:06
Mr. JG, you can apply for mainland China visa from Chinese embassy. However, the Tibet Travel Permit is issued by Tibet Tourism Administration Bureau. By the way, you should understand that individual travelers are not allowed to visit Tibet. They should join arranged group tours arranged by qualified agencies. The agencies usually can help you acquire the permit. If you enter Tibet from Nepal, you needn't apply in Costa Rica because the one you applied will be cancelled when you arrive in Nepal. You need to apply for a new one in Nepal.
Answered by MR. JG from Guatemala | Oct. 21, 2014 19:47
Thank you, 1 time entry to china type will be ok right?
Answered by Jim | Oct. 21, 2014 20:35
You are right, the 1 time entry to China is enough for applying for a Tibet Travel Permit. For other details and process, you are suggested to consult the tour agency in Nepal. They will help you to arrange everything well.
Related Questions:
Tawainese passport
Asked by Jein
| May. 24, 2018 22:38
I am Bernard from Ghana, please i want to study and work for 4-5 years in C...
Asked by Bernard from Ghana
| Apr. 13, 2017 04:40
I am going to India in August and would also like to visit a friend in Shan...
Asked by Jeff from Ghana
| Mar. 21, 2012 03:18
What type of Visa do I need to attend a conference in China? Is a L type su...
Asked by Di from New Zealand
| Aug. 19, 2013 03:53
flying from San Diego to Vancouver to Shanghai landing 1 day early for a 8 ...
Asked by George from United States
| Jan. 26, 2018 01:25
I have newzealand passport and I wanted to go Shanghai for 30 days for holi...
Asked by samira from melbourne
| May. 14, 2014 01:47
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)