Asked by Chris from Australia | Sep. 29, 2014 21:37
About:China Visa Entries / Validity / Duration of Stay

How to apply for permanent residency

Hello, I am Australian male who is married to a Chinese citizen.
My wife and I have been married 2 years and have lived together in Australia for these 2 years.
In 2 years I will retire and wish to live in China permanently.
Am I eligible to apply for permanent visa/residency as I am married to a Chinese national?
If yes, how do I apply?
Thank you.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mary from USA | Sep. 30, 2014 02:21
One requirement may be useful for you:
Foreigner comes to live in China with a direct relative in China and has not other direct relative overseas. The applicant must be over 60 years old and lived in Chian for five consecutive years with financial guarantee for living and a residence.

So it may be impossible to apply for a permanent resident now. Personally speaking, getting that is so hard in China. You can stay with your wife to live in China for a long time with a S1. Then wait and see the policy change.
Related Questions:
Dearir, How do I apply for permanent residency in People's Republic of Chi...
Asked by Mrs.Bernice Ti from Philippines
| Feb. 05, 2009 21:38
Hello, Could you please advise as how to apply for permanent residency vis...
Asked by Ms.gul from pakistan
| Feb. 12, 2011 21:08
Form of Application for Permanent Residence
Asked by Tash from Australia
| Jan. 29, 2015 02:41
How long does it take to apply for permanent residency for a child under th...
Asked by Ms.Chel from USA
| Jun. 27, 2009 21:47
I am wondering about the visa of mine and my wife we both lives in new Zea...
Asked by JD from New Zealand
| Jan. 29, 2018 02:16
I am from Nepal and am in a Bridging visa in Australia.I have applied for P...
Asked by Ms.Malla from Australia
| Jan. 27, 2010 03:39
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)