Asked by susan levasseur from USA | Sep. 19, 2014 07:32
About:Chinese Temporary Residence Permit

How do I obtain a new working permit to replace the original one I never used in China?

I was offered pa teaching job in Ningb and accepted. It fell through because thir enrollment went dowm. I have now accepted a teaching job in Shanghai and want to go in on my Z visa good through October 3, 2014. The new school say I have to wait 6 months for a new working permit.....I have read everywhere that this is not so. They admot th..the new school..they are also conused.....I have a cancellation letter from the old employer..but never did work can I get my new work permit.......??????? Should I just go into China on the work Z and take care of it then when I arrive???? thanks...I have called , researched and really need some assistance......THANKS!

Answers (1)
Answered by Colby from Singapore | Sep. 20, 2014 01:04
Susan, if your new school do not ask you to be on work urgently, you can wait for 6 months till your current work permit expires automatically. Then your new school can issue you a new work permit.

You can also enter China with your work Z. Is your cancellation letter issued by your old employer or issued by the previous Employment Permit issuing authority? If it is the latter, you still need to take your, original work permit, cancellation letter as well as some documents that you use for applying the first work permit to China. After reaching Shanghai, you need to contact your new employer to get a contract with them, then their registration certificate. Then you can use paperworks you take and the ones you get from the company to get a new work permit. The applying process is around 15 working days.

Usually, a work Z usually has a stay of duration for 30 days, so you need to pay attention to the time.
Related Questions:
sir,madam, Just in case I can obtain the D visa (residence visa) Do I s...
Asked by Mr.Rowel from China
| Mar. 24, 2009 02:47
I am an an Australian working in Denmark and will move to China for my new ...
Asked by Ms.Jensen from Denmark
| Apr. 10, 2010 22:08
Hello, I am indonesian citizenship but I have permanent resident visa in...
Asked by Mr.Philips from Australia
| Dec. 08, 2010 02:40
about working visa.
Asked by Russel from Philippines
| Oct. 19, 2012 01:11
Hi, I have 2 phones, an iPhone and a samsung phone (very old).
Asked by Lay Van Hoong from United Kingdom
| Nov. 02, 2017 00:58
Do i need original "work permit " or scanned one is enough?
Asked by Hassan from Morocco
| Aug. 15, 2017 21:56
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)