Asked by Mohan from India | Sep. 18, 2014 05:55
About:China Visa Entries / Validity / Duration of Stay

chinese residence visa for my spouse.

Dear Sir,

I am from India and have Chinese a residence permit. Now I wish to bring my wife to China. So what is the procedure to get residence permit for her? If it is not possible to get it, then can she get an ordinary 1 year multiple entry type? What are the documents required. Will she get these from China or India?

Kindly let me know.

Thanks and Regards,


Answers (1)
Answered by Sean from Australia | Sep. 19, 2014 02:03
You can ask your wife to apply for a S1 type in India to enter. Upon entering, she can use S1 to apply for a resident permit in China.

For applying S1, she needs to prepare an invitation letter (you issued to her), copy of your passport and resident permit, your marriage certificate, personal statement, other documents the embassy requires together with her valid passport, application form with a recent taken photo.

For applying resident permit, she needs to show passport, application form, a photo, Registration Form of Temporary Residence for Visitors, a medical test and your marriage certificate. The permit should be applied at local PSB. You may know the address.
Related Questions:
i am from pakistan. i am working as postdoc ,
Asked by fida from Pakistan
| Mar. 06, 2017 20:33
How long it will take to apply spouse Q1 visa. To the embassy.
Asked by 0mar sankareh from Gambia
| May. 15, 2017 04:50
Residence Permit as Spouse for 6month University course
Asked by Poonam from IND
| Jun. 25, 2018 20:30
Temporary residence permit renewal
Asked by Joe from usa
| Oct. 26, 2017 01:25
1 year Spouse Residence permit void?
Asked by Curious from China
| Apr. 26, 2012 04:19
Can a permanent resident for spouse reunion work legally using this visa?
Asked by Sam from United Kingdom
| Mar. 30, 2017 01:32
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)