Asked by Christian from USA | Sep. 14, 2014 15:51
About:Policy for Foreigners with Immediate Family Living in China

We are looking at possibly getting married in March in China.

My fiance is Chinese citizen and I am american. What type of visa can I get (other than a Z) and how long would I be allowed to live in China with her? We both want to live in China the rest of our lives.

I had another question. Mine is up in May and I wanted to know since we plan on being married by that time is there any other type. I can apply for that will allow me to stay in China with other apart from a Z type?

Answers (1)
Answered by Stella from Hungary | Sep. 15, 2014 03:12
After you both get married and get the marriage certificate from local civil affairs bureau, you can apply for Q type, which allows you to stay longer time together with your life. Before you get married, you can only apply for Z type if you plan to stay longer time in China. Also you can apply for L type too. However, you may not get long duration.
Related Questions:
Marriage in China and permanent visa statues.
Asked by Christian from United States
| Sep. 07, 2014 14:58
Auspicious wedding dates for 2016/2017
Asked by Brenda from Australia
| Jul. 12, 2015 02:15
Hello i am born in 12/14/1984, my fiancee is born in 9/17/1985. What is a b...
Asked by Michael from USA
| Aug. 19, 2015 01:36
Hi... I am looking at getting married in china this year. Both of us are ...
Asked by Ms.Catharine Hutt from Canada
| Apr. 25, 2011 20:56
wedding dates for 2016/2017
Asked by Handy from Indonesia
| Jul. 13, 2015 01:06
Hi my husband is a horse 08/11/90 and I'm a rooster 13/10/93What will our f...
Asked by Sheree
| Dec. 10, 2014 21:23
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)