Asked by robert from ireland | Sep. 05, 2014 15:49
About:China Visa Exemption

Both the wife and I hold Irish Passports and we are travelling to Honk Kong and Shanghai etc

I am travelling from Dublin to Hong Kong for 7 days on 26th October and then flying to Shanghai and staying their for 2 nights before embarking on a cruise ship leaving Shanghai on 4th November for 8 days. The cruise ports of calling are Xiamen, China - Hong Kong, China - Phu My, Vietnam and thne finishing at Singapore.

I am leaving Signapore on 12trh November for Australia to see my son.

Can you please advise me quickly if I need visa's for the above destinations.

Many thanks

Answers (1)
Answered by Frank from USA | Sep. 05, 2014 20:41
You need one for China. For HK, you do not need it.
After you reach Xiamen, will you plan to leave the cruise and do sightseeing around the city?
If you want, you need to apply for a Tourist L with double entries for China.
Related Questions:
Hi is it still possible to apply for L tourist visa double entry in Tbilisi...
Asked by Ciaran O'Connor from Ireland
| Mar. 17, 2017 01:05
I am travelling to australia in November 2014 and what about visa issu?
Asked by Robert Brown from Ireland
| Sep. 05, 2014 22:03
I hold both Irish and American passports
Asked by Thomas from Ireland
| Mar. 08, 2013 01:13
Am I eligible for a 72 hour visa and if yes how do I apply for same?
Asked by Joe Flynn from Ireland
| Oct. 23, 2015 04:32
Application for Chinese visa
Asked by James from Ireland
| Nov. 01, 2012 03:33
Australian passport travelling to honk kong & shanghai feb. 2012 do I need ...
Asked by Ward from Australia
| Oct. 27, 2012 02:07
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)