Asked by Tayebeh from Iran | Aug. 25, 2014 06:54
About:Shanghai Travel

How can apply for china visa while I am not in my country and I have a 3-month schengen visa?

I am a researcher from Iranand spending my research stay in Hamburg for 3 months. I have been invited to participate in the 2014 ProSPER.Net Young Researcher’s school, to be held at Tongji University, Shanghai, people’s Republic of China from 15 to 26 September2014.
Once, I have applied for visa to Chinese embassy in Hamburg, I have been informed that I can not apply due to the my short time visa validation( 3 months).
According to the relevant staff’s advise, I should apply for visa from Iran. As far as, I have to stay in Germany until 14 September and my program in China will be started from 15 September, hence, it is not possible to apply for visa from Chinese embassy in Iran.

I have contacted with consoler of Iran in Hamburg and they also informed me that they cannot do anything because they have just authority to issues visa for foreigners who would like to apply visa to Iran.

I would be appreciate if you help me what shall I do in this situation?

Answers (1)
Answered by Berg from Australia | Aug. 26, 2014 02:27
Hi, Tayebeh, if they told you so, you may not be able to apply it in Iran.
It is suggested to contact the Chinese embassy once to ask whether they can help you to solve this issue. If they do not provide the application through post, you may need to ask a break to go back to Iran for applying.
Related Questions:
I am Ukrainain and can i apply for a Schengen Visa while i am visiting in ...
Asked by Olena from Ukraine
| Oct. 27, 2015 04:41
applying for a visa with philippines passport staying at Austria
Asked by sandy from Austria
| Jan. 04, 2014 00:37
can I extend this by 15 days as my ticket back to Uk is 31.10.14?
Asked by paulin barry from United Kingdom
| Sep. 15, 2014 02:49
am syam from india .i want to come HK to find a job
Asked by syam from india
| Jul. 07, 2016 22:00
May i know malaysia passport can apply 3month travel visa to china ? any d...
Asked by Shaine Lee from Malaysia
| Nov. 08, 2013 01:00
i am korean wanting to apply visa 90 day tourist type in bangkok
Asked by sangeun from korea
| Jul. 27, 2014 02:53
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)