Asked by Cynthia from Singapore | Aug. 15, 2014 00:10
About:China Work Visa

Application for Z Pass

I am a singaporean and my company would like to post me on a secondment to our china JV company for 6 months. The HR team have advised that i will need to sign a employment contract with the China JV company in order for them to apply for the employment permit and employment visa. Under this arrangement, i will also be subjected to tax payment.

Can i confirm that this is how the Z pass application works? Can i not sign an employment contract with China JV company? How do i proceed with the application and can this be done remotely in Singapore?

Answers (1)
Answered by Asa from USA | Aug. 15, 2014 01:57
Generally speaking, what the HR team told you is corret, to some extent. The employment permit is provided to your from the Chinese company.

Usually, once a foreigner signed a contract with a Chinese company, the company needs to provide him an Alien Employment Permit and invitation letter. Then the foreigner needs to use these two documents and his/her passport, application form with recent taken photo to apply for a Work Z type to work to China at the Chinese embassy/consulate in your country, such as India.

For you, I am not very clear about the relationship between your company and your China JV company, so I do not need to know whether you need to sign a contract the JV company. If they will not issue you the permit and letter unless you sign with them, you need to sign.
Related Questions:
If you I do not use my Z visa to enter China due to time frame and it has g...
Asked by Mr.Eddie Matherne from USA
| Feb. 23, 2010 03:12
Hi ,can a singaporean extend the stay aft 15 days for the purpose of this z...
Asked by Eng Huat from Singapore
| Sep. 12, 2012 20:20
What is the meaning of Z type in visa application
Asked by Yvonne from Kenya
| Dec. 20, 2016 20:18
getting z in singapore
Asked by tania from Ivory Coast
| Feb. 27, 2014 02:41
is it possible to apply for a z visa in a third country?
Asked by CHRISTOPHE from Burundi
| Mar. 29, 2018 21:42
Can I apply for Z working visa in Macau or it is better to go to HK?
Asked by Stella from Romania
| Apr. 28, 2014 22:04
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)