Asked by Ford from UK | Aug. 12, 2014 07:27
About:Chinese Embassies and Consulates

Marrying chinese woman

HI, I have a friend from Asia & he is in love with a Chinese woman from Handan city & he wants to get married with her but the problem is , the guy is already married & now separated but not divorced yet. and ex wife's name is mentioned on his passport. my question is " is this a hurdle ( ex wife's name on passport) to get marriage certificate from Chinese authorizes & long period visa"..?. thanks in advance .kindly reply

Answers (1)
Answered by Levi from USA | Aug. 13, 2014 01:02
It may cause a problem for applying a marriage certificate in China. If your friend can provide a divorce certificate which is authenticated by local Chinese embassy, your friend's passport may be used in China.

In my opinion, to avoid other problems, he is suggested to apply for new passport without his ex-wife's name and then use his new passport and his single status certification to get married with the Chinese girl.
Related Questions:
Presents for Chinese brides parents?
Asked by Marilyn from US
| Dec. 15, 2015 01:35
My name is Juan Muniz. I am an American citizen and I an interested in mar...
Asked by Mr.Juan Muniz from USA
| Sep. 29, 2009 20:32
Will I married next year in 2014 and will it last?
Asked by Brenda
| Dec. 31, 2013 03:15
how about a female monkey and a male monkey marrying.
Asked by Liz
| Aug. 22, 2012 21:59
Marrying a Chinese woman in Chengdu China.
Asked by John Sorensen from Australia
| Sep. 13, 2012 04:41
Can a pregnant woman drink chinese tea? Or expecting pregnant woman?
Asked by Smith from Hong Kong
| Dec. 10, 2013 01:53
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)