Asked by John from USA | Aug. 11, 2014 17:08
About:China Family Reunion Visa

Should I get an L visa or a Q2?

Hi, I am a US citizen and my wife is a Chinese citizen with a US green card. Currently we are both residing in the USA and plan to travel to China for a couple weeks to visit her family. My question is, should I apply for an L or a Q2? I plan to visit China at least once a year, and my duration of stay will only be for about 2-3 weeks at a time.

I want to get a Visa that will last for a while so that I do not have to re-apply for a visa each year. I read that I can obtain a 24 months L if I my spouse is a Chinese citizen. Is the L the best option for me or should I apply for a Q2? Can the Q2 be 24 months or longer?

Answers (1)
Answered by Sandy from United Kingdom | Aug. 11, 2014 21:21
It is suggested to apply a L type, which is easier for application than Q2.

You can try to apply for L type valid 24 monthes, but the embassy or consulate has the final right to decide whether to issue you that kind or normal L type. The Q2 cannot be valid for around 24 monthes or longer, but can only be valid no more than 180 days.
Related Questions:
L or Q2 visa?
Asked by anthony from England
| May. 16, 2015 22:20
L visa and Q2
Asked by Rosemarie Baquiran from Philippines
| Oct. 17, 2017 21:02
im from philippines and i want to go to hongkong as tourist for two days, d...
Asked by jun from philippines
| Mar. 12, 2012 01:52
Working with Q2
Asked by Kat from Czech Republic
| Oct. 08, 2014 19:24
conversion of q2 or L type visa into x type
Asked by aimo from China
| Oct. 16, 2014 20:52
Can I visit family using a Q2 visa?
Asked by Cory from Canada
| Dec. 19, 2017 20:08
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)