Asked by Marjory from United Kingdom | Aug. 09, 2014 04:31
About:China Private Visit Visa

L or S2 visa for visiting my son

I am planning to visit my son and daughter in law in China and am not sure what the advantage is of an S2 over a Tourist L. They both have residence permits for work in China. The S2 requires proof of the family relationship ie his birth certificate which is with him in China - so that would have to be sent home for the application to be made! So I'm thinking the L type would be much more straightforward. I would like to get a multiple entry one as they are expecting their first baby but for relatively short visits of no more than two weeks - and I don't know if that has any bearing on the question of S2 or L. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Answers (1)
Answered by Jane from USA | Aug. 09, 2014 05:03
If you cannot provide enough documents and necessary reasons, it is hard to get a L type with multiple entries. If you want to stay longer, you may need to extend your L in China, but often, you can only get extension once.

In my opinion, if your son is working in China, it is suggested to try to apply for S1, so that you can stay in China for over 180 days. You can ask your son to mail the relationship certificate to you, because he also needs to send you an invitation letter for applying. For S2, you can only stay no more than 180 days.
Related Questions:
I live in Kentucky, USA and will be traveling to Shanghai in July/Aug 2012....
Asked by Sandy Nichols from USA
| Jan. 12, 2012 02:46
Japanese mother and American child with different surnames living in Qatar ...
Asked by Yasuko Komata from Qatar
| Mar. 26, 2012 21:28
staying in a hotel in china as a tourist
Asked by jen from Uk
| Jul. 04, 2013 01:29
I am visiting my son and chinese family. What documents do I need to send w...
Asked by Pamela Rodmell from England UK
| Jul. 06, 2012 22:23
We are staying in Shanghai 72 hours but not in transit. do we need visa?
Asked by Esther Dowds from United Kingdom
| Mar. 12, 2015 01:28
Infant apply chinese visa
Asked by Jenny from USA
| Apr. 30, 2015 04:06
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)