Asked by Tristan from Australia | Aug. 08, 2014 03:03
About:China Visa Entries / Validity / Duration of Stay

Length of stay in China if I wish to study in China

I wish to visit china for three years of study. Since the maximum visa stay time is 12 months, how would I go about applying for another 12 months? is there anyway I can extend the stay time past the 12 month mark?

Answers (2)
Answered by Tracy from Canada | Aug. 09, 2014 00:55
Since you want to study in China for three years, you can apply for X1 with your admission letter and your JW202 Form. Have got these two documents?

After entering China, you can apply for a residence permit with your X1 at local PSB. The valid depends of the permit on your real staying time. If you want to extend it, you need to go the local Exit-Entry Adminstration Bureau for extension before your present one will expire.

Generally speaking, duration of stay cannot be changed and you can try to extend it when you are in China.
Answered by Tristan from Australia | Aug. 10, 2014 05:56
Thank you for your help
Related Questions:
I'm a Singaporean residing in Taipei, wish to apply for a China Visa (lengt...
Asked by Ms.Christine Ng from Singapore
| Nov. 28, 2009 20:37
How long can Chinese citizen get visa for stay in Georgia.
Asked by Vincent turner from british
| Sep. 13, 2016 22:49
What is the length of stay in china with tourist visa?
Asked by mazii from USA
| Aug. 21, 2013 20:57
Hi, I have a tourist L type entry permit ( I'm from Hungary).
Asked by Zakar Agota from Hungary
| Oct. 09, 2016 01:09
Length of stay in China on Tourist Visa for US Passport and Fee?
Asked by oseph Chen from USA
| Feb. 14, 2012 03:05
Tourist Visa for Us citizen residing in Thailand. What do I need?
Asked by Zondra from USA
| Mar. 04, 2015 03:32
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)