Asked by Rafael from Piçarra | Jul. 08, 2014 07:19
About:China Tourist Visa

can i get a different visa during my stay in china while the tourist one is still in effect?

Hello, I am a Portuguese national, I'm planning on visiting some friends who live in Beijing in October, i have already stayed there for a year from 2012 to 2013 studying. Now i want to return for a couple of months, and perhaps find work. If i find an employer that can arrange for a work Z, would that overrule the Tourist one? Or would i have to wait until the Tourist one expires, then get the Z type? And regarding the tourist type, is it required that i have a return ticket booked prior to applying for it, and does it dates get settled according to my flight booking details, or can i worry about that once im in china?

Answers (1)
Answered by Micheal from Australia | Jul. 09, 2014 02:58
If you can get a employer that can arrange you a Z type, your L one will be invalid automatically. But it it very difficult and not allowed as I know. Also it may be hard for you to get a good offer and apply for documents and also the work Z in China within around 30 days.
It is not necessary to provide the round trip air tickets. If you you can get an invitation letter from your friends, no air tickets are needed in general.
It is suggested to look for a job and got an offer before coming to China. In this way, you only need to apply for the Z type once.
Related Questions:
i am a filipino im planning my tour to hongkong, china , and macau and proc...
Asked by mark anthony from cebu phillipines
| Feb. 27, 2012 02:18
Where does one apply for a visa extension in Beijing?
Asked by Renae Lindsay from USA
| Jul. 14, 2014 01:07
Can I get an extension on a 3 month tourist visa while still in China?
Asked by Nick from USA
| Oct. 11, 2011 03:17
10 Day Tourist Visa
Asked by Ashton Jones from United Kingdom
| Aug. 15, 2016 22:07
I am an Egyptian citizen going to China for tourist. However, I need to be ...
Asked by Mrs.Yosra Abdel Fattah from Egypt
| May. 19, 2009 04:48
How to get a VOA from Beijing and Shenyang
Asked by Edmar Aperocho from Philippines
| Apr. 18, 2016 21:36
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)