Asked by Brenda from USA | Jun. 29, 2014 22:50
About:Hong Kong Visa Policy

Visiting HK want to take day trip to PRC

I am USA citizen with passport. I live in Beaverton, Oregon, USA. I will be in Hong Kong September 30 - October 10. I would like to make a day trip into PRC out side of Macau. My Questions:
1. I need to get a Visa for this, yes?
2. Do I have to go to San Francisco to apply and receive it (if approved)? Can I do this all in one day?
3. I will be in SF the end of July. Can I get mne at that time that will still be valid for my September/October trip?

Answers (1)
Answered by Betty from Ghana | Jun. 30, 2014 02:25
Yes, you need to apply one for your one-day trip to mainland China from the Chinese consulate in San Francisco. I am afraid that you may not apply and collect it in one day because you may not use the rush service. According to the embassy, those who plan to use rush service should be approved by the embassy first. Yes, you can apply when you arrive in SF at the end of July.
Related Questions:
hi there, I am holding Myanmar passport with Australian resident. I will...
Asked by Ms.marilynn from myanmar
| Feb. 03, 2010 21:59
i am from australia, visiting china 2 weeks, from shanghai enter HK, do i n...
Asked by nicole s. from Australia
| Mar. 02, 2016 20:47
want travel to HK for business, how should arrange to receive Visa ?
Asked by Vahid from Iran
| Sep. 09, 2013 01:40
Malaysian to Shenzhen
Asked by A from Malaysia
| Nov. 07, 2016 03:00
American Visiting Seoul wants to visit China before returning back to USA
Asked by Mark Saccomonto from USA
| Feb. 17, 2014 02:27
Do i need a visa when i visit HK and macau
Asked by Vic from Singapore
| Dec. 01, 2014 19:00
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)