Asked by Larry Knibb | May. 23, 2014 14:54
About:Dual Nationality

First Chinese visa for baby with British father, Chinese mother, UK passport

I am British, my wife is Chinese, we live in Finland and our son was born here in Finland. Since we applied for his UK passport he would now be considered British according to Chinese law.

Now we want to visit China with our son and will apply for his first Chinese visa. The Chinese embassy in Finland explains the required documents:

"Child with Chinese descent born either in China or in Finland applies for a Chinese visa for the first time, ... the original certificate for quitting Chinese nationality ... are required."

So although our son automatically lost his Chinese citizenship when we applied for his British passport, it seems there is still some paperwork required to prove that he is not Chinese.

What exactly is that certificate and how do we get one? Do Chinese embassies issue those?

Answers (1)
Answered by Lisa from United Kingdom | May. 24, 2014 03:52
It is just a paperwork to show that your son gave up Chinese nationality and generally it can be available at Chinese embassy. Just go there for a try!
Related Questions:
is it fine to have three rabbits in a house hold the mother father and baby...
Asked by Mr.harlry lockwood from usa
| Feb. 13, 2011 00:14
Child Chinese Travel Document
Asked by AJ from Bermuda Islands
| Mar. 11, 2016 23:51
Father is German who works in Beijing with Z visa and mother is Chinese, ba...
Asked by Mr.Eitel from China
| Oct. 13, 2009 04:48
Baby foreign father and chinese mother have a foreign birth certificate .ho...
Asked by Khalil karrit from South africa
| Mar. 30, 2016 21:08
Baby to be born in China. Chinese Mother, British Father.
Asked by Jim from United Kingdom
| Apr. 28, 2014 22:45
I am from the UK and my wife is Chinese
Asked by Brett King
| May. 08, 2013 03:20
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)