Asked by Albert Y. from USA | Apr. 27, 2014 12:04
About:Chinese Temporary Residence Permit

Temporary resident permit in Wuhan

I am an U.S passport holder, and my parents are Chinese. I am going back to visit my mother in Wuhan this year, and I tended on applying for a Q visa, in fact, I submitted all the necessary documents for a Q type. But the visa agency sent me back a tourist one that is valid for a year with multiple entries for durations of 60 days.

My flight itinerary is from June 10-August 11. I leave on the morning of August 11, the duration is roughly 61 days. Should I apply for a temporary permit from the local Public Security Bureau (PSB) Exit and Entry Administration office? If so, where is that location in Wuhan?
Or would they overlook the overstay of 1 day?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Answers (1)
Answered by Loren from Canada | Apr. 29, 2014 04:09
Hi, if you enter on June 10, then the 60-day duration starts from June11. But it is ok for you to exit to HK or Macao and back the same day to activate the next 60 days so that it will be ok for you to fly back on Ausgust 11. It is unnecessary to apply for residence permit.
Related Questions:
Is there any difference between working permit or resident permit?
Asked by ik from nigeria
| May. 20, 2015 04:57
Are resident permit holders exempt from Hong Kong visa?
Asked by Chris from Australia
| Mar. 15, 2015 02:48
Is it possible to aquire a resident permit for my wife and three children?
Asked by teddie bepete from Zimbabwe
| Mar. 10, 2016 20:11
Hi there, currently i live in China and holder of a Temporary residet permi...
Asked by Bora from Turkey
| Feb. 07, 2017 20:54
If I'm with an x1 visa do I need physical examination for my temporary resi...
Asked by dura from nigeria
| Jul. 17, 2015 01:10
Tourist Visa to Temporary resident permit
Asked by Mahimi from Sri Lanka
| Jul. 15, 2018 23:10
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)