Asked by Baggings from China | Jan. 04, 2014 03:07
About:Embassy & Consulates of Australia in China

How to Switch from Student X to Travel L

I'm a student studying in Hangzhou and am about to finish my semester, I'd like to remain in China and travel in order to practice my Chinese. My X type expires on 10th February so am wondering what my options are for switching to L type. (I've heard I may have to return to my home country of Australia to do this, but that's a bit of a financial burden) - I also heard Hong Kong is an option but it sounds like recent changes to rules make it hard to successfully apply for L type.

Am I able to do this from within PRC? Are there many requirements? What is the maximum amount of time I can get on a L type? What are the costs? (I arrived on a Student X)
Thanks for your reply

Answers (1)
Answered by David from United Kingdom | Jan. 05, 2014 03:19
I think you can try to apply from the entry and exit administration department at least seven working days before it expires. It takes about a week to deal with your application. If they refuse your application, then you have no choice but go back to apply for it.
Related Questions:
student X to tourist L
Asked by del from RP
| Aug. 20, 2017 22:46
Convert a tourist to Student Visa
Asked by Sheryl from Australia
| Sep. 13, 2017 21:55
Changing from a visiting L to a student-visa without leaving China
Asked by Juan from Colombia
| Jun. 06, 2014 01:08
Switching from F to X Student
Asked by Brandon from USA
| Jun. 14, 2013 04:01
can a switch my student X type to dependent visa my husband is a student he...
Asked by Tolu from china
| Mar. 09, 2017 03:34
Can I switch from a humanitarian visa to a student X without exit from Chin...
Asked by David from South Africa
| Oct. 22, 2018 20:32
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)