Asked by Julien from Switzerland | Jan. 03, 2014 03:16
About:China Embassy in Thailand

S2 visa extension in China

Hi there,
As a Swiss citizen, I'm going in a few weeks to PRC to visit a friend. I applied for a 6-months mult. ent. one, but I got a 30 days type. Apparently, I cannot get more with my 30 days L type in Thailand. I figured out a few solutions, such as:

- Extend it in PRC for 170 days
- Come back in a month and apply for this at the embassy in Kuala Lumpur
- While in PRC or Malaysia, apply for a 2 months L type in Thailand then try to reapply for it in Bangkok
Do you have any knowledge about the possibility/best solution from these threes? Or any other ideas?
Thanks a lot and happy new year!

Answers (1)
Answered by Jim from New Zealand | Jan. 05, 2014 03:11
I don't think you can extend your current one for 170 days. Usually, you gain the same duration as your current if you ask for an extension. If you apply in the third country, I am afraid you even may not apply for it successfully. The rule says the applicants in the third country must provide their resident permits for employment or study or any other legal status. By the way, I am not sure if you will get a longer one if you apply in your own country again. Personally, I think you can ask for an extension first. Then you apply for another one in your country and ask for extension again when you arrive.
Related Questions:
After extension of S2
Asked by simon
| May. 23, 2018 21:40
s2 visa for china
Asked by leo from india
| Dec. 27, 2015 20:58
How to Apply visa again with L type
Asked by irvan from Indonesia
| Oct. 15, 2017 20:02
S2 visa. I have an s2, is it possible to extend it?
Asked by Phillip from USA
| Mar. 15, 2018 22:57
Is it possible to renew an S2 visa in mainland China?
Asked by Carol from China
| Dec. 26, 2013 02:11
Extension on an S2 single entry visa
Asked by Mitra from India
| Apr. 20, 2015 22:55
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)