Asked by Allen from Spain | Nov. 21, 2013 01:05
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit FAQ

I plan to travel from Europe via Bangkok to Guangzhou, and then further to Kuala Lumpur.

As I will leave Guangzhou within 72 hours I meet the criteria. But, I would also like to visit the city of Guanzhou. So what does this mean ? : 2. How and where can I apply for a transit permit if I plan to go out of the airport during my stopover? You can put forward your request for transit to your airline in advance, so that the airline can declare this to the Immigration Inspection prior to your visit. I will fly Thai Airways from Bangok to Guanzhou ... so when supposedly do I need ro tell Thai that I intent to stay in Guangzhou under the 72 hour rule ? regards Peter

Answers (1)
Answered by Iris from France | Nov. 21, 2013 03:49
Hi, you are allowed to visit Guangzhou as all as the whole Guangdong province if you get this free transit permit. You can inform the staff when you check in at the airport before boarding plane, then the permit will be issued upon arrival.
Related Questions:
how can i travel by train from kuala lumpur to bangkok, hong kong and guang...
Asked by Ms.ife from london
| Feb. 12, 2011 01:12
15 minutes over :-(
Asked by greg from Australia
| May. 15, 2016 21:27
Travel to Xining via Chengdu
Asked by Soo Yin May from Malaysia
| Feb. 21, 2014 21:09
I'm Indian. I've taken Chinese & Malaysian visa. Entering China at Guangzho...
Asked by Anees Hashim from India
| Jul. 06, 2011 01:30
I am from Indonesia I plan to Hangzhou from Kuala lumpur and from Hangzhou ...
Asked by Mr.andri kusna from Indonesia
| Apr. 12, 2010 04:06
Distance from changsha to nangchang
Asked by ALLAN from
| Sep. 17, 2012 03:54
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)