Asked by Gareth from New Zealand | Oct. 30, 2013 08:53
About:China Business Visa

Invitation letter of Duly authorized unit?

Hi, I want to apply for a F visa and I went to the Chinese embassy in Tokyo to ask some questions and they said that I needed an invitation letter of Duly authorized unit.

Does this mean that I need to get an invitation letter from the person in China that I will be studying with and take it to get approved by a 'Duly authorized unit'? woman at the embassy said it could take between 1 and 6 months to process but I think I might have misunderstood her as I couldn't hear her properly

If so do you know where in tokyo I can get this done? I will be staying in Beijing.

Also, do you know what the requirements are for the invitation letter are? eg can it be an email and does it need to be signed ect?


Answers (1)
Answered by Neil from Canada | Oct. 31, 2013 01:39
Hi, as I know, an invitation letter issued by a relevant entity or individual in China is enough. I don't think it is necessary to get it approved by any authorized unit. The invitation letter in the form of fax, photocopy or computer printout is acceptable.
Related Questions:
What is "Invitation Letter of Duly Authorized Unit"? Is there a sample for ...
Asked by Li Huiying from Singapore
| Jan. 08, 2012 20:42
Working visa (z)
Asked by Grace from Australia
| Sep. 03, 2012 03:32
invitation Letter of Duly Authorized Unit for 1 year china visa but how to ...
Asked by vipul from India
| Oct. 08, 2012 04:11
Where in Chengdu can the company get the Invitation Letter if Duly Authoriz...
Asked by kelly from Singapore
| Sep. 03, 2012 02:44
Do I need the original INVITATION LETTER OF DULY AUTHORIZED UNIT, or will ...
Asked by Michael from Canada
| Jul. 25, 2013 04:24
Is an invitation letter of a duly authorized unit needed even you are going...
Asked by Asmita from Tanzania
| Jun. 06, 2016 03:18
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)