Asked by Richard from USA | Oct. 22, 2013 16:06
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit

notify airlines in advance?

I am flying to Shanghai next week, staying with a friend, then continuing on to Bangkok 48 hours later. According to the above: "For air passengers who are interested to visit Beijing/Shanghai during stopover, they should make sure put forward transit permit requests to the airlines taken in advance, so that the airlines can declare it to the airport customs before landing." I called United Airlines today to find out how I should do this, and they have no idea what I'm talking about. What does this mean?

Answers (1)
Answered by Owen from Canada | Oct. 23, 2013 03:31
Hi, you are eligible to use this free transit policy in Shanghai. You can try to tell the staff again when you check in at the airport. If they still have no idea about this policy, you can apply for the free transit permit after arrival in Shanghai airport. There are counters for 72-hours free transit passengers.
Related Questions:
I'm flying from San Francisco to Manila but has a 4 hours stopover at Beiji...
Asked by emma from usa
| Oct. 08, 2015 11:55
Singapore Airlines does not know about this policy
Asked by Jay from Singapore
| Nov. 19, 2013 02:26
Travelling from Colombo-Beijing-Singapore
Asked by Bruno from Spain
| Aug. 02, 2013 04:11
Do i need to notify airline if my flight is directly to beijing for 72 hour...
Asked by Sue from Usa
| Oct. 09, 2015 03:37
If I am going from San Francisco to Japan and have a 14 hour layover in Bei...
Asked by Ashlee from USA
| Jan. 25, 2017 00:15
How do I use the 72 hour visa free policy for 5 hour stop in Shanghai?
Asked by Andrea from USA
| May. 17, 2013 02:24
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)