Asked by Chanaka from Australia | Oct. 20, 2013 04:52
About:Hong Kong Visa Application

How to apply for Hong Kong Visa for Family and charges involved?

My family that includes Myself (Father), my wife, Son (8 years), daughter (4 years) basically two adults and two children are planning to be in Hong Kong from January 20th to 24th for sightseeing and holiday. We all have individual Sri Lankan passports however residing and working in Melbourne/Australia legally as Permanent Residents. We have already booked the flights to and from Hong Kong and hotel for the stay. As Sri Lankan passport holders we understand we still require to apply for tourist type one. What would be,
1. If Visa is required, Can you let us know how to get Hong kong one from Melbourne or would it be also possible to get it from Colombo?
2. Considering we all have individual passports including the children should we apply on 4 individual application forms?
3. What would be the fee?
4. How long would be the process?

Answers (1)
Answered by Sally from Australia | Oct. 20, 2013 20:25
1. You should apply from the Chinese embassy in Australia.
2. Yes, each one fills an application form and remember that you should fill in it online and print it out.
3. It costs 30 Australian dollars.
4. It takes four to six weeks if your applications need to be handled by the HK Immigration Department. If your applications are handled by the embassy, it just takes four working days.
Related Questions:
F extension in Hong Kong.
Asked by Stu from Australia
| May. 11, 2013 04:01
Enquries about a Conference Visa
Asked by Ruhiya Issah from Ghana
| May. 14, 2012 21:47
how do we go from Hong Kong airport to the Hung Hom train station to Guang...
Asked by Arthur Wong from United States
| Sep. 05, 2011 20:37
How I Apply for Study Visa for Hong Kong?
Asked by Hussain from Pakistan
| Jan. 01, 2018 21:23
Application for an Australian resident on a British passport
Asked by Viv
| Nov. 24, 2012 02:35
Where and how to get Hong Kong Transit Visa from within Melbourne?
Asked by Indy from Australia
| Jul. 04, 2013 03:59
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)