Asked by Courtnee from USA | Oct. 10, 2013 12:03
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit FAQ

8 hour layover

I am flying from Los Angeles to Thailand, by way of Beijing. I have an 8 hour layover on the way to Thailand and an 8 hour layover on the way back to Los Angeles.
1. Do I need to file for a transit permit in advance of my arrival at the airport?
2. Am I able to get a 72-hour permit for both layovers?
3. If I'm only in Beijing for 8 hours, do I still need to register with the police department?
4. Does the 72-hour permit cost anything?

Answers (1)
Answered by Adam from Canada | Oct. 11, 2013 03:20
You can inform your airline about the transit permit request in advance so that the permit will be issued on arrival. It is free of charge and you just need to show your passport and flight ticket. You enjoy this free transit both ways and it is not necessary to register with any police station.
Related Questions:
I am doing a "mileage run" to Shanghai departing LAX arrive in Shanghai
Asked by RK from USA
| Sep. 28, 2016 22:48
I expect an 8 hour layover at Guangzhou airport - are there facilities to h...
Asked by Helen Neill from Australia
| Nov. 24, 2015 20:05
Any idea what rates for lounge areas at Kunming Airport? I have an 8 hour l...
Asked by prairierose from Canada
| Feb. 15, 2017 01:14
I have a 8 hour layover in PEK. is there a place to lay down and catch up o...
Asked by Ralph Wetmore from USA
| Dec. 19, 2017 21:38
We will have a 8 hour layover on Feb 10/2010 in Guangzhou airport. Looking...
Asked by Mr.Bernard Sonnek from USA
| Oct. 24, 2009 22:39
Hello, if I am flying from San Francisco to bejjing. (Stay in behjing for 2...
Asked by Dame from United States
| Dec. 01, 2016 06:29
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)