Asked by Cindy from Canada | Sep. 21, 2013 16:12
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit FAQ

I will be travelling to Chengdu from Canada, via Shenyang. Then I will have a round trip to Thailand

Hi. I hold a Canadian passport, and I will be travelling to Chengdu from Canada via Shenyang(will not stay in Shenyang). Within 72 hrs of arriving in Chengdu, I will be going to Thailand for a 4-day vacation then come back to Chengdu. I only have a one-entry one, can I use the 72 visa free entry for the first time, then use my approved one for the 2nd time - entering from Phuket, Thailand? Also, the flight from Chengdu to Phuket is brought separately from the flight from Vancouver - Chengdu. will it still be counted as a transfer entry?

Answers (1)
Answered by Sandy from Finland | Sep. 22, 2013 01:32
To my understanding, you transfer from Shenyang to Chengdu, right? If so, how long will you stay in Shenyang? If less than 24 hours, you won't have a problem. Then you just need to apply for double entry one before you come to PRC because you arrive in PRC twice.

And you can't enjoy 72 hours free transit since your destination and place of departure is the same (Chengdu).
Related Questions:
on a transit. Do I need a visa for a 4 hour transit?
Asked by Malani from Canada
| Dec. 11, 2017 19:53
If two "stops" in China and no plane change on the 1st stop, would 72 hour ...
Asked by Brian from Canada
| Jan. 17, 2014 02:00
Air miles & lounge service for Sichuen Airlines (Vancouver to Chengdu) I w...
Asked by michael from Canadafe3337
| Sep. 19, 2012 20:45
transiting Guangzhou
Asked by Joe Nicor from Philippines
| Oct. 22, 2016 21:50
Iranian Passport-Travelling from Melbourne to Toronto transiting in Guangzh...
Asked by Milad from Iran
| Feb. 13, 2018 03:19
I am travelling from Canada to Bangkok via Guangzhou, do I need to get Tran...
Asked by Mahendra from Nepal
| Aug. 16, 2012 04:33
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)