Asked by Laura from Canada | Aug. 26, 2013 09:23
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit FAQ

Entering China from a 3rd country

I'm a Canadian Citizen who will be entering from Japan. I will be flying Osaka - Beijing with my plane touching down in Yantai - Laishan, and will be travelling to Pyongyang less than 72 hours later. I will then be flying Pyongyang-Beijing one night layover, then Beijing-Toronto 5 days later.

Does it matter if I enter China from a 3rd country? Also, can I use this allowance twice in such a short period?

Answers (1)
Answered by Oscar from Ireland | Aug. 27, 2013 03:55
Hi, you can not use this free transit for your first entry from Osaka because you will take flight to Yantai (another city within mainland PRC). For your return trip from Pyongyang to Canada via PEK, if the stopover is 5 days, you still need to apply a visa. So, in short, you need to apply for a double entry transit G or tourist L for this whole trip.
Related Questions:
Can a person with hepatitis B be prevented from entering the country?
Asked by Alina from South Africa
| Aug. 26, 2018 20:34
Beijing - Trans Mongolian Railway
Asked by Phill from R o Korea
| Jul. 21, 2013 03:54
hi there, can one apply from a 3rd country or do you have to apply from you...
Asked by Sandra from South Africa
| May. 10, 2018 21:16
3rd country from China or involving China
Asked by nick from USA
| Apr. 09, 2018 20:52
10 Year China Visa Requirements
Asked by Scott from United States
| Jan. 01, 2017 20:55
My Husband got Z visa. I have planned to travel with S1.
Asked by Deepa Arun from India
| Aug. 26, 2014 21:58
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)