Asked by Karen from Ireland | Aug. 26, 2013 04:49
About:Chinese Consulate in Brisbane

How soon before I travel to PRC can I apply for my visa?

I am an Irish citizen on a working holiday visa in Australia. I plan to travel to New Zealand and through Asia before I go to PRC. Can I apply before leaving Australia? If so how long until I need to activate it? Could I apply for it in New Zealand. I wont have a permanent address only the hostel I will be staying at. I intend to apply for a multiple entry one.

Answers (1)
Answered by Alva from Canada | Aug. 27, 2013 01:14
Hi, a single entry Chinese tourist L is valid for 3 months after issue date, so it is ok for you to apply two months or more before leaving from Australia if you enter China within 3 months allowed. For multiple entries, it will be valid for 6 months or one year from issue date. But hotel bookings and flight tickets are required, and you should prepare a detailed travel itinerary showing your need of frequent entries.
Related Questions:
Application and entry
Asked by Lauren from Thailand
| May. 07, 2016 04:18
How long between single entry visas.
Asked by plasticboy from Australia
| Nov. 14, 2012 02:35
how many days before my Shenzhen work visa expires can I apply to renew ?
Asked by regho from australia
| Dec. 20, 2017 20:30
I am Malaysian going to Shanghai for 2 days visit and stay.
Asked by Shaharoni Ali from Malaysia
| Jun. 13, 2017 20:12
Previous visa needed? Flight out of China?
Asked by Shelley from New Zealand
| May. 20, 2016 01:38
working after studying
Asked by Jeffry from Singapore
| Feb. 15, 2016 00:37
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)