Asked by Cheryl from USA | Aug. 24, 2013 00:23
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit

travel at the end of Chinese Visa

I have been working in China for 8 months and will have my business F expires soon. My company is purchasing my flight back to the USA through Shanghai. I would like to visit Korea before traveling home, but my return to Shanghai would be after my current F is expired. Do I qualify for 72 hour free transit if I fly Seoul to Shanghai, and then Shanghai to the USA? (staying less than 72 hrs in Shanghai. Also, I think my flight home might connect through Beijing - so it would be Shanghai with Beijing connection (a few hrs) then to USA. What are my options? Thank you!

Answers (1)
Answered by Benson from UK | Aug. 24, 2013 02:54
I am afraid you can not use this 72 hour free transit if your flight from Shanghai has a connection via Beijing airport. The free transit policy applies to air passengers who transit directly through Shanghai, Beijing, or Guangzhou only.
Anyway, you can have a try to confirm this with Shanghai Airport at 0086-21-51105100.
Related Questions:
I'm planning travel to Shanghai on 3rd Dec 2016,can i apply visa early on e...
Asked by SIMON Chong from Malaysia
| Oct. 10, 2016 21:16
Single entry China visa tourist cost
Asked by Margaret from Uk
| Jan. 17, 2016 00:03
Difference between 6 month double and multi entry
Asked by Bob from Australia
| Jun. 07, 2017 20:42
Do I need Chinese (Hongkong) Visa Transit to fly to US via Hongkong?
Asked by Adrizal from Indonesia
| Jan. 09, 2013 00:52
Can the rooster travel before the year end or Can he change job this year?
Asked by Lucill Chucas from Philippines
| Oct. 20, 2013 03:14
Hi, I am Guatemalan with a Japanese work visa, and I will be travelling t...
Asked by Mr.Carlos from Guatemala
| Jul. 04, 2009 03:47
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)