Asked by Jon | Jul. 24, 2013 12:05
About:Hong Kong Visa Policy

US Citizen teaching in China VISA help.

I will be traveling in August, but in October I need to travel to Kowloon, Hong Kong Exam Authority to take an American standardized test only offered there. I will be entering with a Tourist L, and then traveling to Hong Kong sometime within 30 days (by mid September) of entry to obtain a work (professional) Z until July 2014. Since I need to return to Hong Kong again in October for a few days, I will need a Dual Entry Work Z (during my September trip) to re enter(PRC) upon my second return trip from Kowloon in October, correct?

Answers (1)
Answered by James | Jul. 25, 2013 03:05
Hi, work Z holders are required to apply for a residence permit within 30 days after entry. You can use it to visit HK and return to mainland again. It is not necessary to apply for a double entry Z. However, if you have all required documents for work Z, you should better apply for it directly because I am not sure if you are able to change L to Z, even in HK.
Related Questions:
Wanting tourist visa for China - but teaching in Seoul SK - and I'm a US Ci...
Asked by Jay from Seoul SK
| Apr. 30, 2012 01:28
I am a US citizen currently teaching English in Seoul. I would like to trav...
Asked by Ms.Rowan from South Korea
| Aug. 28, 2009 02:40
I am US citizen teaching in China. going to attend a meeting in Saudi for ...
Asked by even from USA
| Feb. 21, 2013 02:11
can NZ citizen get teaching visa for china while in france
Asked by Pauline from New Zealand
| May. 09, 2014 04:05
Could the US embassy in Hong Kong help me or is this a hard and fast rule?
Asked by Preslik from USA
| Jul. 05, 2014 22:41
What do I need to get a visa to visit China?
Asked by Mark Rosenfeld from Vietnam
| Oct. 10, 2011 02:14
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)