Asked by Ali from United Kingdom | Jul. 13, 2013 04:54
About:China Tourist Visa

Letter of Invitation Required

Hey there, I'm wanting to go travelling in China next month and have a question about the L visa. On the official Chinese embassy website, it says under 'Essential Documents Required' that:

'(2) If you are applying for a tourism and family visiting one ("L"), you will need to provide a "Letter of Invitation for Travel" issued by a "duly authorised tourism unit", or an invitation letter by a company, or a corporation, or a public institution within the border of China, or an individual.'

I'm planning on going without the aid of a tourism agency like STA travel and so how do I go about getting one of these letters if I want to do this on my own? I don't have any friends or family out in China either.

Answers (1)
Answered by Andy from New Zealand | Jul. 14, 2013 04:29
If you can't get the invitation letter, you can provide travel itinerary, confirmed round trip air tickets and hotel reservation order.
Related Questions:
Is a letter head and signature required on an invitation letter for a visa...
Asked by Deb from usa
| May. 19, 2015 21:56
Is a letter of invitation required for a type M visa
Asked by David Sugden from United Kingdom
| Aug. 18, 2014 21:14
governmental invitation letter or invitation letter issued by a company
Asked by Alavi from Iran
| Oct. 14, 2012 01:33
When applying for a 30 day Tourist Visa what is required for the invitation...
Asked by June from Australia
| May. 20, 2014 01:26
what is required to have on the invitation letter when applying from south...
Asked by naushad from South Africa
| Mar. 23, 2015 20:52
Is there a time limit on a tourist visa application (my Chinese spouse to v...
Asked by Craig from China
| Dec. 29, 2015 19:02
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)