Asked by Nitty from India | Jun. 17, 2013 02:31
About:China Visa Application in USA

Marriage in HK or Macau

hi, I am an Indian & have a job offer in HK and I am soon going to join there. After joining my work in HK, my girlfriend will be coming there to marry me. Well she is a 19 year old American citizen. She can get 30 day VOA in HK. So is it possible to get married, if she is on VOA? Or is it necessary to get an L one for her? Does she need to show any financial standing for a L type or will my invitation letter & my ID's copy be enough for it? In fact after marriage, we don't want her to leave HK & be there on my dependant's visa. Is that possible?

Answers (1)
Answered by Peter from France | Jun. 17, 2013 04:06
I think she can get married on VOA. You can apply for Entry for Residence as Dependants for her. You and she must provide the required documents.

She has to provide: ID997 application form, photocopy her passport page containing the latest arrival stamp/extension of stay label in the HKSAR, marriage certificate, family photographs, family letters (with envelopes).

You need to provide: Her ID997 application form with Part B duly completed by you, Photocopy of your passport containing personal particulars, date of issue, date of expiry, and the current visa/entry permit/extension of stay label in the HKSAR, Photocopy of proof of the sponsor's financial standing, e.g. bank statements, savings accounts passbooks, tax receipts and salary slips and Photocopy of proof of sponsor's accommodation, e.g. rental receipts.
Related Questions:
What is pinyin for marriage?
Asked by Bismillah from Australia
| Jun. 11, 2015 01:38
Is giving soap as a wedding favor a sign of bad luck to your guests and/ or...
Asked by Deanna from USA
| Sep. 25, 2015 02:52
Is there any authority in law or otherwise in China to prove the validity o...
Asked by Patrick
| Jun. 02, 2011 22:11
Hi is rat husband (june 20 1984) and cow wife (july 19 1985) compatible? ho...
Asked by Keitees from Malaysia
| Aug. 29, 2014 04:17
I am a female born May 7 1984 and my boyfriend was born January 24, 1979. h...
Asked by Ly from USA
| Oct. 17, 2015 20:33
I'm a snake April 1989 my husband is April 1984. We been having a lot probl...
Asked by Nga from USA
| Oct. 18, 2016 21:23
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)